Photobucket

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Brain Dump

*My Bunco group meets this Friday and the theme for the food is "where you're from." I lived in Indiana for 18 years and couldn't come up with a single dish that was specific to my hometown other than Arni's pizza. Finally I thought of sugar creme pie. What else would I bring, pork tenderloin or corn on the cob? Ha.

*I'm desperate to decorate our living room and play room. Not sure where the money will come from, but the ideas are overflowing my brain. Shouldn't the Army make us millionaires?

Oh, while I'm on the topic, why do welfare recipients get a bigger pay raise this year than our military? Odd.

*If you will be having kids in the future, do you already have their names picked? I am OCD and I do.  I am not ready for another baby at this point (although Claire is getting TOO BIG and it seems like everyone I know is pregnant) but I think about it all the time.

*Sewing is harder than it looks. Especially those darn camera strap covers! I sat down to make one for Katherine (Do you read her blog? You really should. She's hilarious.) and about threw my machine out the kitchen window. Sorry, Katherine, it may be a while before it comes your way. Also, it may fall apart in the mail, but that's another issue.

*I've eaten 75% of the tiramisu by myself. I had it for breakfast AND lunch today. Don't judge.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Feel free to send that tiramisu my way. RIGHT NOW.

Jamie said...

I definitely don't have our kids' names picked out (I am WAY too indecisive), but I do have a list of about 50 that keeps getting bigger :)

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I am very handy with the tool known as "Google." It told me that foods Indiana is known for include breaded pork tenderloin, fried biscuits with apple butter, sugar cream pie, and persimmon pie. Indiana farms also produce high quality corn, popcorn, and tomatoes. If I were you I'd take some Orville Redenbacher and call it a day.

YOU ARE SO VERY WELCOME.

And also, I cannot BELIEVE that my camera strap was a bust.

Denise said...

Glad you liked the tiramisu! And Jenn--it's WAY easy to make (but a little bit $$, especially since strawberries are priced through the roof right now! We cheated and used frozen, drained ones, even though you are supposed to use fresh.) @Katherine, I'm ashamed I didn't think of Orville Redenbacher myself, especially since he and I are both Purdue grads and his home town is just up the road a piece from mine!

Post a Comment