One of my resolutions this year was to learn to sew. I would really like to learn how to make a few projects well, so that in a couple of months I could open up an ETSY shop and bring in some extra income for our family. I'm also going to be redesigning or creating a new blog for DIY projects, etc. I'd like to keep a family blog but also have a "business" blog.
My first project was a ruffle scarf. Mom helped me along the way since I pretty much had no clue what I was doing!
Measuring the fabric and sharing lots of laughs :)
My sewing foot came apart! I thought it was broken, but my sweet husband fixed it.
Steaming the ruffle to make the elastic thread tighten...
Modeling the finished project! ha!
Last night we made a ruffled camera strap cover. If I do wind up making an ETSY shop, this is one project I would love to sell! I need to practice a little more. Some of my zig-zag stitching was a little off and I accidentally pinned down some of my ruffles, but overall I was pretty pleased with the outcome. I'm going to make a couple more for friends (who knows how long it will take!) to get more practice and hopefully "perfect" the art.
I'm excited to make more!

6 comments:
i would totally buy a ruffle scarf. so cute.
So cute! I love them both! Now I just need to get a new camera so I can buy your camera strap :)
Adorable camera strap ... AND scarf!
If you need to practice on someone, I would love a camera strap...;0 Love you! Angie
I'm so impressed! You need to teach me! :)
I am super impressed! How great it is for you to keep your hands busy unto the LORD, to be that Proverbs 31 woman. You go girl!
Post a Comment